Saturday, April 14, 2007

My first blog! be kind to me I'm old!

Well here we go...my first blog! Judith is being quite pushy so I'm doing this to keep her quiet in the hope that I'll be able to listen to 'Joseph' in peace! Zoe is nattering about buying stuff on ebay for her new hamster so its all very confusing...too much going on for an 'oldie'!
So, Blogging...what's all that about then? Judith says I should tell you what I've been doing today but thats not very exciting...apart from buying the hamster with Zoe and then sitting in the garden this afternoon playing Bananagrams with Denis, Paul and the girls...good way to finish the hols.
Not really looking forward to school next week as my Year 2 colleague is still off sick and we are heading very quickly towards SATs and an audit of what's going on. We can't expect the supply teacher to do all the assessments so muggins will have to take on more. The children are great, its just all the stuff around teaching that takes the edge off it now. Oh dear I'm sounding old and miserable...don't mean to!
Anyway I need to get organised for Sunday now....Home League Sunday.....lol!!!

8 comments:

Jude said...

Hello mummy
well done on taking the plunge! and here's your forst comment to say hello. Watch out your'll soon ignore the silly assessments you need to do coz u'll be reading everyone's random comments & thoughts on here.... ENJOY!

Unknown said...

Welcome Jenny. Hmm, I know a good way of getting you out of all that extra work you are going to have to do. Its called blogging! Or reading other people's blogs. Its a great way of procrastinating! I am meant to be tidying my room right now!

xxx

Liz said...

Wow - hello!!

Fiona said...

Welcome Jenny!!

Only the best people have blogs you know. And Kirsty is right, I don't get as much done as I used to before "blogs!" were around!!!!!

Graeme said...

I'm intrigued by a game called Bananagrams!!

Dawn said...

Hey Jenny! We had a year one child sharing her birthday news in assembly today. She was SO excited, not at all phased by the 400 children sitting in front of her. All the teachers were beaming, responding to her excitement and collegue nudged me and said "that's what it's all about". True, just seeing her reaction and sheer excitment was enough to make all the rubbish worthwhile. Thinking of you. Know what it's like to have partner off sick!

BTW - just read our blogs to see that anything goes...and it's never talked about face to face...it's a bizarre world - make the most of it!

Ann said...

Hi Jenny, just seen your blog ! Well done.....of course we would be interested in what you do each day! I would love to hear kiddie stories - you could be the modern day "George don't do that" monologue lady (can't remember her name!) Blogging is a time waster though....it is now well passed my bed time and I am addicted. See you at the weekend.

Unknown said...

Come on Jenny! I keep checking!