Thursday, August 2, 2007

back again!

Well, I suppose some of you may have wondered where I have been....but as you are my friends you know I haven't left the face of the earth!!!

Lots of reasons for the silence...reports to write, end of term 'stuff', etc, etc. boring !!!!!

We've just got back from a few days in Devon and Cornwall .... very relaxing most of the time. We started on Dartmoor, Fox family & friends on their annual walk. Again I was in charge of the tea/coffee/chocolate....sandwiches/sausage rolls/crisps.....mars bars/fruit etc etc and responsible for being where they needed me and when!
The first section went well. The children also managing the first 6 miles and all arriving safely, if with rather soggy feet after having to wade through a large, wet, boggy area (like walking on a moving waterbed said Judith).
From there it went downhill somewhat as it began to rain! I'll let the walkers fill you in on how awful it was to keep going when they couldn't see more than a few yards in front of them. I had enough trouble finding the group for the second stop ... all my map reading skills coming in very useful.
Point of blog coming up!..... Leading the group was a friend of the family who knew Dartmoor very well....he was able to lead them safely even when the weather was at its worst....you don't need me to tell you how grateful I was that we had 'a man who knew' to lead.
Oh I am so grateful that I have 'the Man who knows' leading me.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

There were Mars Bars?!?!?

Liz said...

Oh, I got all emotional at the last bit of your blog - wow you are truely a motivational 'speaker'

Unknown said...

Jenny! Yay, glad you are blogging again. I was flicking channels on the T.V last week and watched an interview with people who were talking about how good walking is for you! It made me think of your family!

Sounds like fun.